Our rundown of Orlando’s rooftop bars brings attention to the city’s often-overlooked Downtown core, with a decent spread of places to drink, and in some cases, dance above street-level.
Orlando isn’t blessed with the most spectacular of skylines, with most of the larger corporate buildings and hotels being pretty short. This means that most of the rooftop bars on our list are only a few floors up – good news if you’re not great with heights, but not so good for hard-to-please party animals used to sipping cocktails in the sky above Vegas or Miami. Still, bars with good views in Orlando can be found, if you look hard enough. We looked hard and found some of the best.
- Gatorland Admission
- Sleuths Mystery Dinner Show
- Eat and Play Card – 1 Card for 4 Travelers
- Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition
- Crayola Experience Admission
- Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament
- Blue Man Group
- Walt Disney World® Resort Magic Your Way Ticket
- Chocolate Kingdom Factory Tour
- SeaWorld Florida Tickets - Choose Your Adventure
Aero Rooftop Bar & Lounge
This hugely popular downtown spot feels more like an outdoor nightclub than a chilled-out rooftop bar; you’ll certainly get that impression if you arrive close to midnight on a weekend, as DJs fill the terrace with commercial dance tunes and neon lasers are projected into the night sky. Aero’s party atmosphere is helped in no small part by some rather thrifty drinks promos, like 2-4-1 shots before 11pm, as well as no cover charge. A few sofas and tables can be found around the edge.
- Opening Hours: Thursdays from 10pm to 2am, Friday–Saturday from 9pm to 2am, Sundays from 5pm to 11.30pm
- Location: 60 N Orange Ave, Orlando, FL 32801, USA
- Tel: +1 407-274-8452
For cocktails, this former cobbler’s shop turned speakeasy rooftop bar is about as unique a place as you’ll find in Orlando. Intimate might be an understatement here, with only a dozen or so seats and standing space for perhaps 20 more. Take your spot at the dilapidated main bar to chew the fat with the bartender, or head outside to the slightly more modern (but still as compact) rooftop terrace to catch the live band or a movie screening. Be sure to explore Hanson’s impressive cocktail menu as much as your liver allows – it’s rated as one of the best in the city. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday–Thursday and Saturdays from 8pm to 2am, Fridays from 5pm to 2am, Sundays from 3pm to 2am
- Location: 27 E Pine St, Orlando, FL 32801, USA
- Tel: +1 407-476-9446
This rooftop bar is part of the 3-in-1 nightlife complex on Church Street often known as ‘Chillers’ – which is actually the name main bar downstairs. Head up to the roof, passing the speakeasy-style Big Belly on the 2nd floor along the way, to find Latitudes. Its name promises sky-scraping views, but in reality, the 3rd-floor terrace is dwarfed by most of the surrounding Downtown buildings. What it lacks in height, it makes up for with some fun beach-bar themed décor and tropical cocktails to match. Music, just like the generally busier Chillers bar downstairs, is kept lively with a mix of Top 40 hits and dance. They also run a ridiculously generous 3-4-1 (that’s buy 1 drink, get 2 drinks free) happy hour every Friday from 4.30pm to 9pm and Saturday from 10.30pm to 11.30pm.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 4.30pm to 2am
- Location: 33 W Church St, Orlando, FL 32801, USA
- Tel: +1 407-649-4270
One80 Skytop Lounge
One80 is a see-and-be-seen kind of place – undeniably stylish and glamorous, but with prices to match. The good news, however, is that unlike many of Orlando’s other rooftop bars, there’s actually some impressive views to be had across the Downtown area, which can be enjoyed from a range of comfy seating both inside and out. Do watch out for the crowds of basketball fans heading up to the lounge after the Magic games finish in the arena below, normally every other week.
- Opening Hours: Mondays and Wednesday–Saturday from 10pm to 2.30am (closed on Sundays and Tuesdays)
- Location: Amway Center, 400 W Church St, Orlando, FL 32805, USA
- Tel: +1 407-913-0180