Bars in Orlando really do come in all shapes and sizes. Stay at your theme park of choice and you’ll find spacious live music venues and open-air bars seating hundreds of people at a time – often hosting nightly performances to keep the crowds entertained.
The more adventurous holidaymakers interested in venturing into the city’s lively Downtown area won’t be disappointed either. Around Church Street and North Orange Avenue there are dozens of bars all offering something a little different, from tiny local watering holes to fancy cocktail bars and even a few rooftops. Orlando isn’t in short supply of lakes either, so we’ve also thrown in a couple of idyllic drinking spots good for a sundowner or 2 next to the water.
- Gatorland Admission
- Sleuths Mystery Dinner Show
- Eat and Play Card – 1 Card for 4 Travelers
- Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition
- Crayola Experience Admission
- Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament
- Blue Man Group
- Walt Disney World® Resort Magic Your Way Ticket
- Chocolate Kingdom Factory Tour
- SeaWorld Florida Tickets - Choose Your Adventure
This hugely popular bar sits just off International Drive, not too far away from SeaWorld and Disney. Pay a visit during daylight hours and what you’ll find is a pretty standard Mexican joint, with all the usual taco, enchilada, and tortilla offerings. Rocco’s really comes alive after dark though, as the crowd descends upon the spacious bar, migrating away from the slightly less-social booths at the back. On the drinks front, we shouldn’t even have to tell you what the house specialty is… tequila, of course, and lots of it! And when we say ‘lots’ we mean 425 different varieties, or so they claim. Order one of their signature margaritas or just shoot the stuff back if it’s not a work night. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday–Friday from 11.30am to 2am, Saturdays from 11am to 2am, Sundays from 11am to midnight
- Location: Plaza Venezia, 7468 W Sand Lake Rd, Orlando, FL 32819, USA
- Tel: +1 407-226-0550
For cocktails, this former cobbler’s shop-turned-speakeasy rooftop bar is about as unique a place as you’ll find in Orlando. Intimate might be an understatement here, with only a dozen or so seats and standing space for perhaps 20 more. Take your spot at the dilapidated main bar to chew the fat with the bartender, or head outside to the slightly more modern (but just as compact) rooftop terrace to catch the live band or a movie screening. Explore Hanson’s impressive cocktail menu as much as your liver allows – it’s rated as one of the best in the city. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday–Thursday and Saturdays from 8pm to 2am, Fridays from 5pm to 2am, Sundays from 3pm to 2am
- Location: 27 E Pine St, Orlando, FL 32801, USA
- Tel: +1 407-476-9446
The Lucky Lure
There are so many great lakes on Orlando, but not so many great watering holes that take advantage of the tropical views to be had, particularly at dusk. The Lucky Lure, however, is one fine exception to the rule, offering a range of beers, wines and a small but interesting line-up of liquor and hooch in an open-air setting right by Lake Ivanhoe. There’s absolutely nothing glamorous about the décor – in fact it pretty much falls into ‘dive bar’ status with its complete lack of grooming, but that’s all part of Lucky Lure’s charm. Make sure you arrive in time for a cold beer as the sun sets over the water. There’s also a pool table, foosball table and some live sports screens to keep you occupied for the rest of the night.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Friday from 3pm to 2am, Saturday–Sunday from 12pm to 2pm
- Location: 1427 N Orange Ave, Orlando, FL 32804, USA
- Tel: +1 407-250-6949
World of Beer at Lake Eola
This modern beer bar sits next to Orlando’s central-most lake at Eola Park, in the very heart of Downtown. For beer fans, this is good as it gets. WOB has hundreds of bottles imported from every corner of the planet, with a focus on US craft ales and European pale ales. The setting is just as good, particularly if you grab a table outside amid the leafy surrounds of the park, with the water of Lake Eola just a few meters away from you and your cold glass of beer. There’s also a hearty menu of wings, tacos, burgers, sandwiches and other stodgy mains to soak up all that ale.
- Opening Hours: Sunday–Wednesday from 11am to midnight, Thursday–Saturday from 11am to 2am
- Location: 431 E Central Blvd Ste B, Orlando, FL 32801, USA
- Tel: +1 407-270-5541
This adults-only bar on Disney’s Boardwalk promises a lively night indeed, with 2 pianists on stage who battle it out with classical takes on popular hit songs, as well as requests from the crowd. Audience participation is more than encouraged, with sing-alongs and even audience members being invited up to take the place of one the pianists. There's a cover charge of around $12, but think of Jellyrolls as more of a live show (this is Disney after all) and you won’t leave disappointed – unless pianos really aren’t your thing.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 7pm to 2am
- Location: Disney’s Boardwalk, 2101 Epcot Resorts Blvd, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830, USA
- Tel: +1 407-560-8770
A must-visit for cocktail lovers, The Courtesy mixes things up with some inventive takes on all the classics, as well as evolving their drinks menu on a regular basis. They’ve got about 10 different kinds of absinthe and 3 different cocktails on tap, just going to show how seriously the young and friendly team behind The Courtesy take their liquor. It’s a classy affair inside, with exposed brickwork, dangling fairy lights and a tiled floor all helping to create an industrial-chic look that never goes too over-the-top.
- Opening Hours: Tuesday–Friday from 5pm to 2am, Saturdays and Mondays from 7pm to 2am, Sundays from 3pm to 2am
- Location: 114 N Orange Ave, Orlando, FL 32801, USA
- Tel: +1 407-450-2041
Imperial Wine Bar
This non-nonsense beer and wine bar at the top of North Orange Avenue near Lake Ivanhoe oozes a definite rustic charm, with its no-frills wooden tables and collection of worldly trinkets cobbled together behind the bar. The venue is actually part of Washburn Imports, a popular furniture retailer specialising in Asian items. Craft beers are a big deal in Orlando, and The Imperial jumped on that bandwagon long ago. There are around 40 different varieties available and about the same number of wines by the bottle.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Thursday from 5pm to midnight, Friday–Saturday from 5pm to 2am, Sundays from 5pm to 11pm
- Location: 1800 N Orange Ave, Orlando, FL 32801, USA
- Tel: +1 407-228-4992
One glance at House of Blue’s (HOB) impressive calendar of events and it’s clear to see that this is one venue that takes its live music seriously. They’ve got some huge homegrown and international names booked in on a regular basis. The massive venue is divided up into several zones, include a dining room, laidback bar area and a main concert hall, which is where the music happens. Non-blues fans shouldn’t be put off either; HOB is much more than just soft rock, with everything from EDM to pop, acoustic solo artists to thrash metal being belted out to hundreds of fans every week. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Sunday–Thursday from 11.30am to 11pm, Friday–Saturday from 11.30am to 1am
- Location: Disney Springs, 1490 Buena Vista Dr, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830, USA
- Tel: +1 407-934-2583
Howl at the Moon
This popular nightlife chain now has some 20 locations nationwide, and the premise of this Orlando spot is no different, creating a high-energy show with live piano performances. The show really relies on audience participation, as well as the multi-talented backup band, with singing, dancing, clapping and even stomping all encouraged. Sweet cocktails are also available by the bucket, which helps the camaraderie no end.
- Opening Hours: Saturday–Thursday from 7pm to 1.45am, Fridays from 6pm to 1.45am
- Location: 8815 International Dr, Orlando, FL 32819, USA
- Tel: +1 407-354-5999