• What information we collect from you
• How we use your information
• With whom we share your information
• How you can access and/or correct your information
• Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information
• Cookies and other technologies
• How we protect your information
• Children’s privacy
• External links
• Transfer of personal information outside your country
• How you can contact us
What information we collect from you
In General. We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you (“personal information”), including your first and last name, date of birth, telephone number, postal and email addresses and billing information (such as credit card number, cardholder name, expiration date, and billing address). We may also request information about your hotel room preferences, and frequent flyer and car rental program information. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general most of the information we request from you is required in order for you reserve a hotel, register as a member; book travel; complete a traveller profile; participate in a survey, contest, or sweepstakes; ask us a question; or initiate other transactions on our website. We may also collect your name, email address and country of residence if you download the free travel guide available on orlando.com, create an account so as to save accommodation and hotels that you like, or provide feedback on the site, or sign up for our newsletters.
Travel Companion Information. When you make a reservation for someone else through this website, we will request personal information and travel preferences about that individual. You should obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing us with their personal information and travel preferences, as any access to view or change their information will be available only through your Hotels.com account.
Information from Other Sources. We also may periodically lawfully obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners and other independent third-party sources and add it to our account information. Examples of information we may receive include: updated delivery and address information, purchase history, and demographic information.
Automatic Information. We automatically collect some information about your computer when you visit this website. For example, we will collect your IP address, information about your Web browser software (such as Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer), and referring website. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as trips viewed and bookings made. Our goals in collecting this automatic information are helping customize your user experience and inhibiting fraud. For more information, please see Cookies and other technologies.
Social Media. If you make use of any orlando.com social media features on our website or otherwise through a social media provider, we may access information about you via that social media provider in accordance with their policies. [For example, we offer the option to register with our website via the “Facebook Connect” feature, allowing you to register with our website using your Facebook account data without entering the required data manually on our webpage.] When using a social media feature and if you have chosen to include it in your social media account, we may access information such as your name, profile picture, gender, birthday, email address, town or district and any other information you have chosen to make available. Depending on the privacy settings of you and your friends, we may access information that you provide to a social media provider regarding your respective locations (“Location Data”) to provide you with relevant content. Please note that your Location Data may also be shared with your friends on a social media provider in accordance with your privacy settings for that social media provider.
How we use your information
Email Communications. We want to make it easy for you to take advantage of travel-related opportunities on our website. One way we do this is by sending you email messages that contain information about your hotel related interests if you consented to receiving email marketing communications (e.g., by downloading a free travel guide or by shortlisting hotels or accommodation that you have liked). Where legally required, we will abide by existing publicly available opt-out lists when sending you marketing communications. For example, if you search for a hotel in Orlando on our website but choose not to book a hotel, we may send you an email message telling you about our special deals for hotels in Orlando. We believe these email messages will provide you with useful information about travel-related special offers available through our website. Please note that you will have the opportunity to choose not to receive these email messages in any such email we send.
Please review “Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information” below.
With whom we share your information
With your consent, we may share your information with the following entities:
• Suppliers such as hotel, airline, car rental, and activity providers, who fulfil your travel reservations. All services provided by a third-party supplier are described as such. Therefore, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any travel supplier whose products you purchase through this website. Please note that these suppliers also may contact you as necessary to obtain additional information about you, facilitate your travel reservation, or respond to a review you may submit. While we may share anonymous reviews with our hotel suppliers, we will not share reviewer names or contact information unless you have explicitly told us that we may. We are not responsible for the hotel deducing your identity from the content of your review and contacting you directly.
• Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, website analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our website to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose. They are also required to follow the same data security practices that we ourselves adhere to. Please note that these third party service providers may be established in countries that might not offer a level of protection for your personal information that is equivalent to the one offered in your country of residence. However, we will endeavor to protect all personal information we collect from you in accordance with strict data protection standards.
• Business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services may be offered on our website. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear, either alone or with ours. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
• Referring websites. If you were referred to this website from another site (for example, through a link you clicked on another site that directed you to this one), we may share some information about you with that referring website. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you here.
We also may share your information:
• In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
• When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of our company, this website, our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
• In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information. We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our website receives or the most popular hotels and vacation destinations. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
How you can access and/or correct your information
By providing your personal information to us through this website, you accept that we may retain your information. We may continue to process account-related information in order to fulfil our legitimate business objectives, to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, and for historical record and analytical purposes. We employ robust technical measures to prevent unauthorized access to account information.
Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information
• As discussed above, you can choose not to provide us with any information, although it may be needed to book your hotel or to take advantage of certain features offered on this website.
• You will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from commercial messages in any email messages from us about special offers as well as email messages about products and services of selected third parties. Please note that we reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements and administrative messages, relating to your transactions, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
• You may have the opportunity on our website to provide a mobile number in order to receive your hotel confirmation details.
Cookies and other technologies
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit the orlando.com website. Cookies do not recognise you personally and are not harmful to your computer or mobile device. They are used by websites you visit in order to improve your experience on the website, to provide us with analytics information that will help us improve our website generally, and to collect information about travel destinations of interest to you so that you may see travel ads more relevant to you.
For instance, we use performance and analytics cookies on our site to help us to test different designs and features for our website, to understand what did and didn’t interest you about our website so we can provide you with features that are more relevant and useful to you next time you visit. We use functionality cookies to save your settings on our website such as your language preference and booking information you’ve previously used when booking a hotel with us.We also use functionality cookies to remember things such as the last hotel you searched for so you can easily find it the next time you visit. Some of our partners [(e.g., Double Click)] may also use targeting cookies or web beacons (a single-pixel image file). These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. The information collected by these cookies and web beacons does not enable us or our partners to identify your name, contact details or other personally identifying details unless you choose to provide these details.
We also want to make it as easy as possible for you to share content from orlando.com with your friends through your favourite social networks. Social networking cookies, which are usually set by the social networking provider, enable such sharing to be smooth and seamless.
You can set or amend your web browser controls to delete or disable cookies. If you choose to disable cookies on your computer or mobile device however, your access to some functionality and areas of our website may be degraded or restricted. www.allaboutcookies.org provides good simple instructions on how to manage cookies on the different types of web browsers. http://www.adobe.com/eeurope/special/products/flashplayer/articles/lso/ also has a good summary of how to manage Flash cookies.
How we protect your information
We want you to feel confident about using this website to make travel arrangements, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may only do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
This is a general audience website that does not offer services directed to children. If we gain actual knowledge that a child under the age of  has provided any personal information to us without the parent’s or guardian’s consent, we will immediately delete this information.
Transfer of personal information outside your country
How you can contact us
Attn: Privacy Office
5400 LBJ Freeway
Dallas, Texas 75240
This Privacy Statement is effective as of 20 October 2015