The best restaurants in Downtown Orlando are mostly located on Church Street, and true to form, our list are dominated by the finest venues found on this iconic entertainment street in the center of the city. There is a completely different feel to this part of Orlando, far removed from the glossy theme park areas, with more soul and authenticity. It is fair to say, the best restaurants in downtown Orlando make up the real Orlando.
On weekends and public holidays this area is alive with life (part of Church Street is closed to traffic during major holidays for one almighty street party), and is definitely the best place to be on a Saturday night – although Orlando’s best restaurants are busy every night. Advance booking is advised to most of the restaurants listed below.
- Gatorland Admission
- Sleuths Mystery Dinner Show
- Eat and Play Card – 1 Card for 4 Travelers
- Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition
- Crayola Experience Admission
- Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament
- Blue Man Group
- Walt Disney World® Resort Magic Your Way Ticket
- Chocolate Kingdom Factory Tour
- SeaWorld Florida Tickets - Choose Your Adventure
Kres Steakhouse in Downtown Orlando serves up delicious and unique steak and seafood dishes for the whole family. Voted the best restaurant in Downtown Orlando by several prestigious publications, this dining experience is a top pick for an evening meal or a long lunch in the downtown area. Kres Steakhouse takes a fresh approach to steak and provides a historic dining experience with a modern twist. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday–Friday from 11.30am to midnight, Saturdays from 5pm to midnight, Sundays from 5pm to 11pm
- Location: 17 W Church St, Orlando, FL 32801, USA
- Tel: +1 407-447-7950
The Rusty Spoon
The Rusty Spoon is a casual restaurant known for inventive dishes based around American classic recipes. Located a couple of minutes from the Amway Center on West Church Street, you can enjoy great food and a few drinks here. The menu ranges from slow-braised lamb and beef carpaccio to a collection of exciting salad bowls. The wine list is excellent, too.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Friday from 11am to 3pm and from 5pm to 10pm, Saturday–Sunday from 5pm to 10pm
- Location: 55 West, 55 W Church St, Orlando, FL 32801, USA
- Tel: +1 407-401-8811
If you’re looking for fancy fine-dining with all the trimmings, then the Boheme is for you. Located in The Grand Bohemian Hotel on Orange Avenue, you can combine a meal here with drinks afterwards in the fancy bars in the neighbourhood. The dinner menu features such classic dishes as Cognac-flamed pepper steak with roasted mushrooms and Mediterranean baked salmon. Prices are on the high side here, although the fixed price menu costs around $50 (not including drinks), which is great value. The Sunday brunch is very popular, and the classy dining room has quite a romantic vibe.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Friday from 6.30am to 2pm and from 5.30pm to 10pm, Saturdays from 7am to 2pm and from 5.30pm to 10pm, Sundays from 7am to 2pm and from 5.30pm to 9pm
- Location: Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection, 325 S Orange Ave, Orlando, FL 32801, USA
- Tel: +1 407-581-4700
Overlooking the beautiful blue waters of Lake Eola, Relax Grill is a casual lakeside restaurant with an open patio – the perfect place to take in some of Orlando's pretty downtown surroundings. Enjoy casual and comfortable dining with homemade food from the Mediterranean with a fun American twist. Greek specialties such as gyros and homemade hummus are delicious and fresh and always on the menu, while the food and drinks specials menu changes daily. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Sunday–Wednesday from 11.30am to 9.30pm, Thursday–Saturday from 11.30am to 10.30pm
- Location: 211 Eola Pkwy, Orlando, FL 32801, USA
- Tel: +1 407-425-8440
Amura Downtown Japanese Restaurant
Serving Japanese sushi and wagyu steak, this small but sophisticated restaurant has seating along the open kitchens, so you can be served your dishes directly. The fish served here is always fresh and of premium quality while the sushi rolls are inventive and modern, such as the spicy tuna, or the salmon, avocado and teriyaki sauce. Although Amura has 2 other larger branches in Orlando, we like the cosy ambiance of their downtown branch on Church Street. It’s consistently voted among the best restaurants in Florida. Dishes start from $5 but it’s worth noting there’s a happy hour between 5pm and 7pm with discounted prices.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Friday from 11am to 2.30pm and from 5pm to 10pm, Saturdays from 5pm to 11pm, Sundays from 5pm to 10pm
- Location: 55 West, 54 W Church St, Orlando, FL 32801, USA
- Tel: +1 407-316-8500
Dexter’s of Thornton Park
Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, you can always find something tasty at Dexter’s. This is 1 of 4 locations spread out around Orlando, and this downtown venture (the most recent addition to the family) sticks to Dexter’s tried and tested formula of an eclectic menu offering something for almost everyone. For example, you have such regional dishes as chicken egg rolls with Thai chilli, Irish stout cheddar dip, jambalaya, and chicken schnitzel – all on one menu! Mains cost around $20.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Friday from 7am to 10pm, Saturdays from 11am to 11pm, Sundays from 10am to 11pm
- Location: 808 E Washington St, Orlando, FL 32801, USA
- Tel: +1 407-648-2777
This restaurant serves huge, hulking burgers with drag queen cabaret shows in the evenings. Open for lunch too (but without the frivolities of the show), the burgers are all natural, all half-pound in weight and are reason enough on their own to check out this unforgettable restaurant. There’s a large menu of customised burgers, along with vegetarian options (made with black bean), chicken and turkey burgers. Burgers cost around $12. The live entertainment at Hamburger Mary’s could be anything from drag queen Bingo to Broadway musical Sunday brunch. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Mondays from 11am to 3pm, Tuesday–Thursday from 11am to 10.30pm, Friday–Saturday from 11am to 11.30pm, Sundays from 11am to 10pm
- Location: Church Street Station, 110 W Church St, Orlando, FL 32801, USA
- Tel: +1 321-319-0600
This popular and fun Orlando-born Tex-Mex restaurant chain has really made its mark on the city, with 5 locations across the city and more throughout the USA. It's one of the most popular dining spots in Orlando's downtown area. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday–Saturday from 11am to 10pm, Sunday from 11am to 9pm
- Location: Orange Avenue Shopping Center, 3154 S Orange Ave, Orlando, FL 32806, USA
- Tel: +1 407-859-6190
If you are an inquisitive traveller, unsure of what you want but willing to explore to find it, then head to Church St West, especially around the intersection with Orange Avenue. Here, you’ll find loads places to eat. All regional cuisine is on offer and all tastes are catered for. From all-American classic diners to swanky French bistros, sushi bars, fresh seafood, Italian, Thai and pretty much everything in between – Church Street has it. This really is the place to go for first-timers wanting to get to know Downtown Orlando a little better. Read More...
- Location: Orlando, FL 32801, USA