The Tibet-Butler Nature Preserve is a scenic nature centre on the west side of Orlando, offering various hikes and trails. Home to the Vera Carter Environmental Center, visitors can tour a variety of exhibits and displays before heading out on a trek.
The well-maintained trails loop through many of Florida’s major habitats, including a pine forest, a swamp and a lakeshore lined by Cypress trees. Elusive fauna and wildlife also make this preserve their home, such as the barred owl and river hawk. The preserve includes a picnic area, a butterfly garden and a sandbox – all located near the nature centre. Dogs and bicycles are not allowed.
Located just 10 minutes from Walt Disney World, the Tibet-Butler Nature Preserve is similarly known for its various education programmes. Classes take place almost every weekend and last about an hour, covering topics such as turtle nesting and the importance of recycling. Visitors are encouraged to sign-up early as there’s limited availability. The nature preserve is located off I-4 exit 68, on County Road 535.
- Gatorland Admission
- Sleuths Mystery Dinner Show
- Eat and Play Card – 1 Card for 4 Travelers
- Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition
- Crayola Experience Admission
- Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament
- Blue Man Group
- Walt Disney World® Resort Magic Your Way Ticket
- Chocolate Kingdom Factory Tour
- SeaWorld Florida Tickets - Choose Your Adventure
Tibet-Butler Nature Preserve
- Opening Hours: Daily from 8am to 6pm
- Location: 8777 Winter Garden Vineland Rd, Orlando, FL 32836, USA
- Tel: +1 407-254-1940