Skeletons: Museum of Osteology in Orlando is America’s largest skeleton museum. It’s a family-owned museum started by a family in Oklahoma. The owner, Jay Villemarette, says his fascination with skulls and skeletons started when he was 7 years old when he found an animal skull in the woods. He collected them in his free time and, when he grew older, he introduced his wife, Kim, to his passion. Jay and Kim wanted to share their passion and opened the only 2 skeleton museums in America.
There are over 40 exhibits featuring nearly 500 real skeletons from around the world at Orlando’s Skeletons: Museum of Osteology. Don’t worry – all animals in the exhibit died of natural causes. Some of the skeletons in the museum took up to 500 hours to collect, clean, and display.
You’ll see large skeletons like elephants, down to tiny birds and mice. Learn about geographical areas and engage in interactive displays. There is even an exhibit of dermestid beetles, which carefully remove the dried tissue from skeletons.
There’s an amazing gift shop located inside Skeletons: Museum of Osteology. Find one-of-a-kind items, souvenirs and novelty gifts. This science-packed store has something for every age. Tickets cost around $20 for adults and $13 for children. Under 3s get in free.
- Gatorland Admission
- Sleuths Mystery Dinner Show
- Eat and Play Card – 1 Card for 4 Travelers
- Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition
- Crayola Experience Admission
- Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament
- Blue Man Group
- Walt Disney World® Resort Magic Your Way Ticket
- Chocolate Kingdom Factory Tour
- SeaWorld Florida Tickets - Choose Your Adventure
Skeletons: Museum of Osteology
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to 10pm
- Location: ICON Orlando 360, 8441 International Dr Suite 250, Orlando, FL 32819, USA
- Tel: +1 407-203-6999