Ocala National Forest is the largest nationally protected forest in Florida, and offers exciting activities, beautiful sights, and a number of camping and outdoor accommodation options. Ocala National Forest in Central Florida is home to a stunning 383,000 acres of natural landscape ready to be explored, including over 600 lakes, rivers and springs. Activities in the forest include swimming, snorkelling, diving, hiking, bicycling and horseback riding.
Within the forest, you can find a number of exceptional spots to begin your adventure. Head to the tropical paradise of Alexander Springs Recreation Area for consistent 72°F water that’s crystal clear and surrounded by maple, sweetgum, and cabbage palm forest. Salt Springs Recreation Area is also one of the forest's top attractions, with a natural spring that derives from deep fissures within the earth, creating very salty waters.
The forest is about 90 minutes from downtown Orlando. Some parts of the forest are free to enter, but the recreation areas require passes for day access.
- Gatorland Admission
- Sleuths Mystery Dinner Show
- Eat and Play Card – 1 Card for 4 Travelers
- Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition
- Crayola Experience Admission
- Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament
- Blue Man Group
- Walt Disney World® Resort Magic Your Way Ticket
- Chocolate Kingdom Factory Tour
- SeaWorld Florida Tickets - Choose Your Adventure
Ocala National Forest
- Location: FL-40, Silver Springs, FL 34488, USA
- Tel: +1 352-625-2520