The relaxed and laidback city of Mount Dora is surrounded by beautiful lakes and offers charming attractions all year round. With a population of around 12,000 people, the small city has a unique charm that’s punctuated by its active arts community.
Known as the “The New England of the South” and “The Festival City”, Mount Dora sees outdoor festivals and art events take place throughout the year, including the Mount Dora Arts Festival. There’s also a lively antiques trade and a Museum of Speed, dedicated to motorised vehicles of all types.
Dating back to the 19th century, the city was built around the beautiful Lake Dora, part of the Harris Chain of Lakes, which means that so many of its restaurants and shops have excellent waterside views. In the quaint town centre, you’ll find attractions like the historic Lakeside Inn and Old Jail, as well as some peaceful accommodation. Take the Mount Dora Road Trolley to explore the historical town without having to drive.
Mount Dora is a 40-minute drive from downtown Orlando.
- Gatorland Admission
- Sleuths Mystery Dinner Show
- Eat and Play Card – 1 Card for 4 Travelers
- Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition
- Crayola Experience Admission
- Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament
- Blue Man Group
- Walt Disney World® Resort Magic Your Way Ticket
- Chocolate Kingdom Factory Tour
- SeaWorld Florida Tickets - Choose Your Adventure
- Location: Mt Dora, FL 32757, USA