Mako at SeaWorld Orlando is the tallest, fastest, and longest roller coaster in Orlando. The ride is named after one of the fastest known sharks in the ocean. Mako has several tall peaks, vertical drops and extremely high speeds. In total, there are 9 moments of airtime on the ride.
The idea behind the ride is to create the feeling that you are a predatory shark speeding through the water at top speeds to chase prey. The mako shark is most known for its ability to quickly change direction and alter course, and the designers of this ride have recreated this feeling very well. Coaster enthusiasts say this type of roller coaster – also called a hypercoaster – is the most extreme coaster experience. It is the perfect mix of fear and fun. The minimum height restriction on Mako rollercoaster is 4 feet 6 inches.
The walkway of Mako has educational stops about sharks and their preservation, and the boarding station is set up as a shipwreck. There are sound and visual effects as you prepare to take off. With speeds reaching up to 73 mph, you’ll experience a thrilling ride. The entire track is 4,760 feet in length and the highest point is 200 feet up. From here, you can enjoy a great view of Orlando's skyline, seconds before you drop vertically into the first of Mako’s vertical plunges! Most of the ride is above the park's central lake, but makes a loop in front of the Shark Encounter attraction.
- Gatorland Admission
- Sleuths Mystery Dinner Show
- Eat and Play Card – 1 Card for 4 Travelers
- Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition
- Crayola Experience Admission
- Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament
- Blue Man Group
- Walt Disney World® Resort Magic Your Way Ticket
- Chocolate Kingdom Factory Tour
- SeaWorld Florida Tickets - Choose Your Adventure
Interested in this tour? Book it here.
Mako Roller Coaster
- Opening Hours: Monday–Friday from 9am to 7pm, Saturday–Sunday from 9am to 9pm
- Location: SeaWorld Orlando, 7007 Sea World Dr, Orlando, FL 32821, USA
- Tel: +1 407-545-5550