LEGOLAND Florida is the second-largest of the many theme parks around the globe based on the extremely popular Danish-invented construction toys. Covering 150 acres (0.6 sq km) and featuring over 50 rides, shows, attractions, shops and restaurants, it is a fun day out for families visiting Orlando.
Opened in October 2011, LEGOLAND Florida was designed for children from two to 12 years old, but also appeals to older children and has plenty for the adults, too. The park has 13 areas:
- Gatorland Admission
- Sleuths Mystery Dinner Show
- Eat and Play Card – 1 Card for 4 Travelers
- Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition
- Crayola Experience Admission
- Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament
- Blue Man Group
- Walt Disney World® Resort Magic Your Way Ticket
- Chocolate Kingdom Factory Tour
- SeaWorld Florida Tickets - Choose Your Adventure
Interested in this tour? Book it here.
1. The Beginning features a 150-foot (46 m) high ‘Island in the Sky’, giving you a great view across the whole park.
2. Lego Kingdoms has medieval-themed rides and attractions, including the Dragon Coaster.
3. Dulpo Valley is based on Lego’s chunkier version designed for younger children, with rides and attractions to suit.
4. Fun Town has a factory tour to show how Lego bricks are made, as well as a 700-seat 4D theatre, shops and restaurants.
5. Imagination Zone immerses kids in the whole interactive and constructive ethos of Lego, inviting them to build and test whatever they can dream up.
6. Land of Adventure features some of the more exciting rides, including the Beetle Bounce junior drop tower, the Lost Kingdom Adventure interactive dark ride and the Safari Trek through life-sized Lego animal models.
7. Lego City is big on interaction and education, with children learning about driving, fire safety and boating through exciting shows and creative experiences.
8. Miniland USA is a collection of model cities, all created to scale with Lego, including New York City, Washington, D.C., Las Vegas and Florida.
9. The World of Chima is presented by Cartoon Network and has a number of interactive water rides and attractions as well as a shopping bazaar.
10. Pirate’s Cove is a fantastic water-based show, featuring jet skis, boats and swash-buckling fun.
11. Cypress Gardens is a peaceful botanical garden which was first opened in the 1930s and which LEGOLAND was built among. It provides a unique view of exotic plant species, as well as a place to relax.
12. LEGO Technic is the most extreme of the park’s areas, with the fastest rollercoasters and extreme sports-themed rides, attractions and stores.
13. Heartlake City is the newest addition to LEGOLAND Florida, based on the popular Lego Friends toys.
LEGOLAND Florida also has a separate waterpark, with its own selection of rides and attractions, including a wave pool, lazy river and slides. While swimming costumes will obviously be necessary for the waterpark, visitors to the main park should wear comfortable shoes and proper clothing.
Dining options in the park include a wide range of sweet and healthy treats, as well as cheeseburgers, pizzas, fresh grilled panini’s, rotisserie chicken and Asian fusion food. The LEGOLAND Hotel also has restaurants, as well as 152 guestrooms with different Lego themes - ideal if you plan to spend two days in the park, which you might need if you want to try everything!
Tickets are best booked well in advance for greater savings, with a one-day ticket to just LEGOLAND costing $67 (+ tax) for children (aged 3–12) and $74 for adults (13+) if you book seven or more days ahead. There are incremental additions to the cost if you also want to visit the waterpark and if you book closer to the day you are visiting. Prices for paying at the gate start at $89 for Adults and $82 for children.
LEGOLAND Florida has extensive parking available for cars ($17, but cheaper if pre-booked online), RVs ($18) and motorcycles ($10). There is also a shuttle service available from I-Drive 360 on International Drive and the No. 30 bus stops right outside.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 18:00. Waterpark: 10:30 – 17:00
- Location: 1 Legoland Way, Winter Haven, Orlando
- Tel: +1 877-350-5346
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/LEGOLANDFlorida