Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain at Disney’s Animal Kingdom is your chance to come face to face with a wild mountain Yeti. This steel roller coaster takes you on an accelerated journey in and around the caves of Mount Everest, where you soon find the ride track torn apart. Your only choice is to retreat deeper into the mountain and run the risk of encountering the Mountain Yeti. Rides fly at a speed of 50 mph, and must be at least 44 inches tall to ride. This innovative attraction is the first in any Disney theme park to incorporate both forward and backward motion, and has been ranked amongst the ‘Best Steel Roller Coasters’ by the Golden Ticket Awards.
Expedition Everest features a regular, Fastpass+, and single rider queues. Guests have a chance to check out over 8,000 artifacts in the Yeti Museum as they wait in the regular queue. The Fastpass+ and single rider lines, however, head straight for the action. This attraction is the most thrilling ride at Disney’s Animal Kingdom and usually garners a long wait time, so guests are advised to visit it early in their day. In order to ride Expedition Everest, a Disney day pass is required. World Disney World offers various packages online and at the front gate.
- Gatorland Admission
- Sleuths Mystery Dinner Show
- Eat and Play Card – 1 Card for 4 Travelers
- Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition
- Crayola Experience Admission
- Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament
- Blue Man Group
- Walt Disney World® Resort Magic Your Way Ticket
- Chocolate Kingdom Factory Tour
- SeaWorld Florida Tickets - Choose Your Adventure
Expedition Everest Roller Coaster
- Opening Hours: Varies weekly.
- Address: 2901 Osceola Pkwy, Orlando, FL 32830
- Tel: +1 (407) 939-5277
- Price Range: $97