Hotel Overview & Exclusive Editorial Review
- Disney’s Magical Express bus service will pick your family and luggage up from the Orlando International Airport.
- Free transportation via bus, monorail or watercraft to most areas of the Walt Disney World Resort.
- Complimentary wireless Internet access is available throughout the resort.
Park ItSelf-parking: complimentary. Valet service: $12 per day.
As one of the theme-park resort’s deluxe properties, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge does not disappoint. The Pacific Northwest-themed hotel — bordered by pine forests and Bay Lake — transports guests to another time and place. Of course, it’s an escape that only Disney could dream up, complete with all of the modern amenities you expect, plus a wide range of on-site leisure activities the entire family will enjoy.
Things To Do
- Explore. Jump on the free shuttle to the Magic Kingdom Park®, Epcot®, Downtown Disney® or Animal Kingdom®.
- Watch. Take the kids to watch a Disney film during the “Movies Under the Stars” evening screening at Bay Lake.
- Dine. Make a reservation at Artist Point, and then order the cedar plank-roasted salmon and a selection from the award-winning wine menu.
What We Like
- The Silver Creek Springs Pool includes a waterslide. For something a bit calmer, the Hidden Springs Pool might be for you.
- Five on-site restaurants and lounges, including signature dining at Artist Point and themed experience at the Whispering Canyon Café.
- Plenty of leisure activities offered in and around Bay Lake — bike rentals, boat and sailboat rentals, and fishing. There’s also a jogging trail.
As you walk up to it, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge makes quite an impression. Imagine a larger-than-life lodge with massive boulders, waterfalls and even a flowing stream in the lobby that eventually leads to the Silver Creek Springs Pool. The 727-room resort focuses on the outdoor splendor of the Pacific Northwest, and the dining also mirrors this rustic approach.
Sleeping and Such
Guests have a selection of standard rooms with a variety of views, including courtyard or woods. There are also rooms and suites that offer club-level services. Guestrooms include free wireless Internet access, a small refrigerator, coffee maker, and an in-room safe.
If you’re seeking a Disney theme experience, but want something a bit more adventurous, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge is waiting.